Week 11

Hi, it’s me! I’m reporting on another week in the books! This week was a good week. I had a lot of fun in the 3rd grade classroom. To start off, I taught my first literacy lesson and it went well! I taught the students about character traits and how to find them within a story. This lesson like I said went awesome. All the students paid attention and were really respectful of themselves and each other. They listened well, did everything I asked and then some! My MT was also really impressed with my lesson. She said that she could not have taught a better lesson, so this made me feel really good! I did a lot of teaching this day as well. After this I led a guided reading lesson. I pulled a group of lower level reading students and we read a leveled reader. During this time I led a group discussion as well. It was really fun and great experience as we had a guided reading center activity due in one of my other classes. After this, I led a phonics lesson again and assisted in the social studies lesson too. I was really in a groove and had a great time leading the classroom today!

I’ll attach some of the student work from my literacy lesson on character traits!